Showing posts from May, 2015

Wet Abrasive Blasting or High Pressure Water Cleaning—What’s the Difference?

Both of these processes tend to be known by a variety of names. For instance, the terms sandblasting, slurry blasting, grit blasting or simply abrasive blasting are very often used for the process that is more correctly known as wet abrasive blasting. Likewise, high pressure water cleaning is also referred to as waterblasting, hydrojetting, hydroblasting, high pressure cleaning or UHP hydroblasting (ultra high pressure hydroblasting).

Similarly, some people lump wet abrasive and high pressure water cleaning in together, believing them to be the same process. While there are undoubtedly similarities, there are nevertheless some important differences between these two blasting methods.

Similarities Both processes are used to clean and profile a variety of surfaces, very often in preparation for repainting or the application of protective or industrial coatings.

Likewise, both use water propelled at high speed onto a surface in order to blast away rust, corrosion and other contaminants…